Friday, May 18, 2012

Unit 5 Blog Post

Tidings,

   I noticed that the differences between both of the practices weren't entirely surface level differences. They were subtle focusing changes that made you move from an outward perspective to more of an inward perspective. Again, I noticed that I was able to achieve greater focus on the task at hand much quicker than before. I'm attributing this almost solely to dedicated practice with calming and focus. I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. To be completely honest, I told myself to relax, do the exercise and then when I was finished I would allow myself a beer for the night. By the time I was done I didn't even want the beer. I was relaxed and ready to just enjoy a night of reading and exploring the world through an author's observations. Very cool.

   I'm constantly learning that spriritual wellness is not the same as being religious in a definitive term. There's a lot of appreciating the self in a higher light than just saying, "James you're the bomb, man." When you have a higher sense of self, it makes a lot of things better in a way that's not easy put a tangible claim to. When I'm going for a run I don't question the distance or pace. I just know that I'm strong and that I can do it and I don't have to think about it. When I have to get in the right mind for hard work I know that it's nothing I can't handle - much like everything else. It's just a way of making things easier for you in a way that you might not appreciate if you're not being mindful of things.

   Thanks for stopping by.

James

No comments:

Post a Comment